Works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. 2.4GHz WiFi Built in!
- Exceeds criteria for ANSI/BHMA Grade 1 certification
- Low battery indicator offers weeks of advanced warning for battery replacement
- Requires 4 AA batteries (included)
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa for voice activation
- Convenience of keyless access and WiFi lets you lock/unlock your door from anywhere
- Buttons Illuminate when you press any button from the exterior
- Installs with a screwdriver into standard door prep in approximately 30 minutes (No wiring necessary)
- Includes a 3 year electronic warranty and a limited lifetime mechanical and finish warranty
Gain peace of mind from anywhere with the innovative Schlage Encode™ Smart WiFi Deadbolt. Built-in WiFi lets you connect directly to your home network, no hubs or accessories necessary. Use the Schlage Home app or Key by Amazon app to lock or unlock your door remotely and manage access for trusted visitors. With Key by Amazon, you can receive video of people entering/exiting your home and opt-in for in-home delivery (Prime members, where available). Getting connected with the safety, simplicity and style of Schlage has never been so easy.
- Get setup faster with built-in WiFi that connects directly to your home's network, meaning no additional hubs or adapters.
- Take advantage of the ease of voice control when paired with an Alexa-enabled device.
- Receive advanced warning for battery replacement.
- Enjoy the flexibility and convenience of the built-in alarm and up to 100 access codes.
Smart Made Easy:
Use your smartphone and the Schlage Home app to unlock from anywhere and to manage access, notifications and more. When paired with Key by Amazon, you can also watch clips of people who've entered or exited throughout the day, and Prime members can opt-in to in-home deliveries where available.
This e-deadbolt recently replaced a traditional keyed deadbolt in a lock suite where the handle and night latch had deteriorated. It's just a deadbolt - but has been easily matched with another handle for the latch. It is our first venture into e-locks.
Installation was easily accompished in an evening.
The installation instructions were clear and unambiguous (typically American). A competent handyman should have no trouble.
The lock is not cheap, but looking at the price of lock hardware in general, it's not outrageously expensive either.
The companion app records all entries and exits - well, to be strictly accurate, unlockings and lockings. You can review these, or even be alerted to them on your mobile if you want.
There are a few points to bear in mind:
* To communicate with its companion app, the lock needs a strong 2.4 GHz WiFi signal.
* Creating a second administrative account (in my case, so my wife could create entry codes for tradesmen, friends etc) is not straightforward. Easy, yes: once you've sussed out how.
* The lock is preprogrammed with two entry codes, but once you set up your own first code, those factory codes are disabled. That's good - but it's not obvious.
We will certainly consider this lock for another upcoming lock replacement.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.